Upcoming at The Forum!
Explore the upcoming offerings at The Forum! Every class, workshop, event, or series at The Forum is conducted by local businesses we hold in high regard and trust. We wholeheartedly recommend them to you. Please be aware that due to this arrangement, you may encounter different prerequisites for each. Upon enrollment, you’ll receive an email containing the specified requirements, or you can find more information by scrolling to the bottom of the page!
Aerial or Acrobatic Arts
Welcome to our Aerial Arts Program, where participants can embark on a thrilling journey of self-paced learning. Regardless of your skill level, from absolute beginner to seasoned professional, our ‘learn at your own pace’ philosophy ensures a tailored experience for everyone.
Led by experienced and dedicated coaches, each week offers an opportunity to acquire new skills and progress in your chosen apparatus. Whether you’re starting your aerial adventure or looking to refine your expertise, our classes are designed to meet you where you are in your aerial journey. Immerse yourself in an experience that goes beyond the ordinary – each session begins with a comprehensive cardiovascular warm-up and flexibility training, setting the stage for a fun and rewarding adventure in the air.
Safety is at the core of our training values. Coaches have the experience and expertise to ensure you are not only receiving top notch instruction but safety is a number one priority. In our facility you will experience a comprehensive safety program including apparatus checks, crash mats and a low student to teacher ratio. Before advancing to the next level, participants undergo level testing, ensuring a secure and supportive environment. No prerequisites or prior experience are necessary – just a willingness to explore the exciting world of aerial arts.
Join us for a transformative experience where you can unleash your creativity, build strength, and defy gravity in a community that celebrates individual progress.
Currently offered Aerial Arts Classes, Private Training & Workshops at The Forum include Aerial Silks, Lyra(Aerial Hoop), Trapeze, Aerial Sling (Hammock), Partner Acrobatics & more. Aerial Arts offer a versatile and visually striking platform for artistic expression, allowing performers to craft routines that showcase their unique style and creativity. Aerial Arts have become a popular form of fitness training, with classes and workshops offered to individuals interested in learning the artistry and physical skills associated with this captivating apparatus.
The dress code guidelines for aerial and acrobatic activities are established with safety as the top priority. Here’s each guideline along with an explanation of why each requirement is necessary:
- Wear snug athletic attire covering the backs of the knees and torso:
- Reason: Tight-fitting clothing reduces the risk of fabric getting caught or tangled during movements. This helps prevent accidents, ensures freedom of movement, and maintains a secure environment for aerial and acrobatic exercises.
- Avoid jewelry, zippers, buttons, or clasps during aerial or acrobatic sessions:
- Reason: Loose or protruding items can easily catch on equipment, such as aerial silks or lyra, posing a significant risk of injury. By removing such accessories, participants minimize the chances of entanglement and ensure a smoother and safer practice.
- If applicable, ensure hair is styled away from the face:
- Reason: Unsecured hair can obstruct vision or become entangled during dynamic movements. Keeping hair away from the face reduces the risk of distractions and enhances overall safety during aerial and acrobatic maneuvers.
- Classes are conducted barefoot, please bring socks for warm-up:
- Reason: Bare feet provide better grip and control on equipment, reducing the likelihood of slips and falls. For the warm-up phase, socks may be permitted to keep participants comfortable, but they should be removed for the main exercises to ensure optimal safety.
- Bring a water bottle for hydration:
- Reason: Staying hydrated is crucial during physical activities. Having a water bottle on hand allows participants to replenish fluids, preventing dehydration, which can impact performance and concentration. Hydration is fundamental to overall well-being and is an essential aspect of a safe and effective training session.
Forum Open Gym
Welcome to The Forum Open Gym – your ultimate playground for Aerial Arts, Conditioning, Kettlebells, Calisthenics, Flexibility, Dance, Stretch, and Play, all tailored to your own beat!
For ages 12 and up, plunge into a world of skills and thrills. Revel in the freedom to explore our vibrant space, chill out in the lounge, savor some coffee or hit the bar for a post-workout treat. With upper and lower studios and our fantastic community, it’s not just a gym; it’s life in motion!
Our lively on-site instructors are your partners in fun, ensuring supervision and ready to jump in whenever you’re up for some guidance.
Come be a part of The Forum, where your training journey transforms into an adventure, and the excitement of learning is limitless!